The Luxurious 2017 Cadillac XT5 | Faulkner Cadillac Mechanicsburg, PA
The Impressive 2017 Cadillac XT5 luxury SUV and Cadillac's Iconic History
Cadillac's recent racing success is infused into the XT5's profile. It has a lighter weight body, electronic precision shift, magnetic ride control, and an excellent braking system.
It all combines to present to the driver an agile, highly responsive, smooth and effortless experience on the road.
Precise and perfectly balanced, Cadillac delivers an impeccable luxury SUV vehicle. And with the 2017 XT5 crossover vehicle, it does so in every way possible.
The XT5's power plant is a hearty 3.6L V6, delivering 310HP with automatic start and stop. The dynamic engine is new for 2017. Available AWD twin clutch provides refined handling for any type of road conditions.
It is hard to deliver a design that truly stands out. Cadillac achieves it in the 2017 XT5. Like so many Cadillac's, the XT5 incorporates its signature style grille and headlights. It then adds a long, sleek lines with subtle detail that combine to create an exceptional and elegant looking vehicle. The wheels in the XT5 have been pushed further out to increase interior space.
The 2017 Cadillac XT5 gets the job done in safety at the highest levels. Its comprehensive safety package includes eight ultrasonic sensors, six radars, and two cameras. A high-strength steel safety cage, eight airbags and electronic stability control completes. A driver awareness package takes care of all blind spots, a head's up display relays driver information, and Cadillac's safety seat pulsates when hazards are nearing.
But it should be no surprise that Cadillac has reached this level of performance with its luxury SUV given its extraordinary history of innovation and excellence.
Cadillac fast facts and its remarkable and Iconic history in automotive innovation
Did you know that Cadillac has had an impressive history of innovation that is the cornerstone of automotive performance and manufacturing?We think of Cadillac as big, and showy, and as an American elite vehicle that has played the role of chauffeur to the wealthy and well connected, and even a few Presidents.
It has been all those things, but it is also so much more. For 110 years since the first Caddy rolled off a Detroit production line, the Cadillac has been a quiet innovator in the automobile industry. It also has a fascinating hidden history full of interesting facts, here are but a few.
- The Cadillac almost wasn't. Facing bankruptcy in 1903, Cadillac, then the Detroit Automobile Company, brought an appraiser to assess value of the company before closure. The appraiser happened to have a design for 1-cylinder engine in his pocket. Oh, and he also had one built. Impressed, the new Cadillac company put his motor into Cadillac's very first car, the 1903 type A.
- The Cadillac name was taken from a French Army officer who helped found Detroit in 1701. Antoine De La Mothe Cadillac was his name.
- Cadillac innovates in the '30's by introducing the concept of designing and building precision, interchangeable parts. This Cadillac concept laid the groundwork for modern mass production.
- Cadillac was the first model vehicle to do away with crank start cars. Cadillac invented the first electric motor and it went into the Cadillac 1912 Model 30, making lucky car owners less cranky.
- The Cadillac is also responsible for being the first to produce cars with enclosed cabs, introduced the first counterbalanced crankshafts, and were the first cars to be equipped with electric lights, as well as high beams.
- Even more firsts included the first vehicles with climate control cabins and the first o be equipped with airbags.
Visit a Cadillac dealership and explore the Cadillac XT5 luxury SUV. It has a history that is all Cadillac.